- Summer Reading
- Optional Class Input Form
- Important Dates
- Order School Supplies Online - through July 30
Welcome to Laurel Mountain Elementary!
Whether your child is transferring to our school from another school district, changing schools within Round Rock ISD, or starting school for the first time, visit the district’s Registration page to find out useful information.
Reading is an important skill to maintain and grow during summer break. Check out this great list of Summer Reading Resources.
Be sure to visit our district’s Library Services website for more information.
Ten district libraries will be open on select days until August. Additionally, the Round Rock Public Library will now issue library cards to all residents of Round Rock, including residents who live outside the City of Round Rock taxing district.
What is SEM?
Laurel Mountain Elementary (LME) cultivates the individual gifts and talents of every child through the implementation of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM). This enrichment program is embedded in all classrooms and practiced every day by every student.
SEM provides teachers with tools and methods that support their ability to:
- discover your child’s preferred learning style,
- focus on each child’s individual strengths,
- emphasize self-esteem, and
- encourage independent critical thinking.
Outdoor Learning in Round Rock ISD is more than just a short walk on a nature trail. Outdoor Learning provides ongoing authentic learning experiences for students that encompasses traditional subjects like science, language arts, math, technology and social studies; and engages broader objectives like responsibility and respect. Through Outdoor Learning, students are provided a unique opportunity to engage subjects in a way not found in the traditional brick-and-mortar classroom.
In the next several weeks, we will begin our process to develop class lists for the 2015-16 school year. Current grade level teachers will meet with administrators, special education teachers, TAG teachers, our counselor, fine arts teachers, and PE teachers to discuss preliminary class lists for the upcoming school year. We take many factors into consideration including gender, academic needs, social and behavioral needs, and parent input in order to create balanced classes of students whose strengths and abilities will complement each other.
If your child has significant medical, emotional, social, behavioral, or academic needs that may require special attention when creating a class list, or assignment to a teacher, please click here to complete our online class input form by Tuesday, May 19, 2015. The information you provide will assist us as we build classes for next year.*Note: this form is intended for LME students entering 1st – 5th grade next year. Please note, due to the difficulties associated with requests for specific teachers, forms requesting a specific teacher will not be considered. Incoming kindergartener and outgoing 5th grade parents do not need to complete this form. Incoming kindergarteners have already completed a similar form as part of your kinder registration.
- Thursday, August 20: Kinder Orientation – 9:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20: Class List Posting – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 21: Grades 1-5 Meet the Teacher – 7:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, August 21: Kinder Picnic – 6-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 25: First Day of School
- Thursday, August 27: Grade 1 Back to School Night – 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 28: New Family Orientation – 7:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 1: Grade 3 & 4 Back to School Night – 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 3: Grade 2 & 5 Back to School Night – 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
From now until July 30, 2015 you can order your child’s school supplies for the 2015-16 school year. This is a service offered by the PTA. Only online orders are accepted (no paper orders).
Enter our school code: LAU001 and follow the directions to complete your order.
The supplies will be delivered to Laurel Mountain in August and will be waiting for your child outside of their classroom on meet the teacher day. Questions: Laurie Ryan (512-470-5777), or Laura Baker at (512-784-5231)
School Supplies FAQ
- How do I order online? Go to http://www.epipacks.com/ and enter the school ID as listed above.
- When do I get the school supplies? They will be delivered directly to the school and available for pick up when you meet the teacher.
- How do I know I ordered online? You will receive an order confirmation via email right after you place the order. Please keep this email as your proof of purchase.
- Is there a deadline to order online? Yes, you must place the online order by June 12.
- What if I don’t order online? You can get a list of supplies from the school website (posted soon) and shop for the supplies yourself.
- Who am I paying? Your payment goes straight to EPI. PTA does not collect any money for the supplies, we simply distribute them to the classrooms. EPI accepts credit cards online.