TAG Referral Window – Nov 16-Dec. 8th
TAG Referral Window is open from November 16th- December 8th. The last two pages of the packet are to be turned in to Bonnie Cohen at the LME front office. Click here for the TAG Referral Documents.
Family Clay Night Ceramics Ready for Pick-up After School Thursday, November 19th
If you attended Family Clay Night your beautiful works of art will be ready for pick up after school beginning Thursday, November 19th in the art room. Please remind your students to stop by and pick it up or accompany your student to pick it up after school. Thank you.
Thanksgiving Holiday Reminder
There will be no school November 23-27. Have a wonderful holiday break!
LME Hygiene Drive
The Voracious Volunteers (a 4th & 5th grade enrichment cluster) are hosting a hygiene drive. The hygiene drive will take place November 16 – December 3. The hygiene drive will collect supplies and send them to The Round Rock Serving Center. The supplies needed include: toothpaste, dental floss, toothbrushes, band-aids, neosporin, travel size soap, shampoo, wipes, new brushes, combs, and hair ties. Thank you very much. We appreciate your support!
Sincerely, The Voracious Volunteers
- November 23-27: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- December 2, 12:45pm: Early Release Day; Skating Party 2:00-4:00pm
- December 8, 6:45pm: PTA General Meeting and Choir Performance
- December 11, 8:30-11:00am: G4 & G5 Enirchment Cluster Showcase
- December 12: PTA Barnes and Noble Fundraiser
- December 17: Class Winter Parties (times vary)
- December 18-January 4: Winter Break, No School
Click here to view our weekly E-news or for more information about subscribing to the Laurel Mountain Enews.
Welcome to Laurel Mountain Elementary!
Whether your child is transferring to our school from another school district, changing schools within Round Rock ISD, or starting school for the first time, visit the district’s Registration page to find out useful information.
Need to purchase school supplies? Click the link below for each grade level’s list of required supplies.
There is rain in the forecast for Saturday but Mother Nature won’t stop the fun at Carnival! Carnival will happen, rain or shine. We hope to see all of our familes at LME on Saturday for lots of fun, games, goodies and opportunites to support our school. Here are some ways you can help now:
- Discounted Pre-Orders End this Thursday – In a few days, one of the school’s biggest events, Carnival, will take place, and we are REALLY excited. You can still order online at the LME PTA store and get your wristbands for $25 if you order by Thursday, Oct 29th. Raffle tickets and wristbands ordered this week will be available at Will Call at the Carnival.
- Volunteers Needed – Thank you to everyone that has already signed up to volunteer; we have a few more adult volunteer slots left, please consider volunteering. Also a special shout-out goes to our teachers, who have signed up – and there are many of you! If you have older children, we would love to have your middle schooler or high schooler volunteer as well. Click HERE to Sign up to volunteer.
- Bakers Wanted – We need cakes, pies, brownies, cookies, Pinterest creations and other family specialties to sell during the Carnival. We are looking for a variety of fun treats and baked good from all over the world! Please Click HERE to sign up and enter the name of the bake sale item you’re donating in the Notes section.
- Donate Your Stuffed Animals – We still need animals for the Animal Walk, a popular musical-chair type game at Carnival. Any new or slightly used but clean animals can be donated. Please feel free to drop them off in the donation box in the office. Because kids love this game, we need lots of animals!
- Pumpkin Carving Contest for the First 20 families that Sign Up! – Pumpkins will be displayed at LME for everyone to cast their vote for their favorite. The winning pumpkin will be awarded a week-long summer art & pottery camp with our very own Ms. Deb (The Blooming Paintbrush) and announced on KPAW on Monday! Send an email to email@example.com to enter. Participants will be notified directly with guidelines. Participate or be sure to come by and vote for your favorite.
What is SEM?
Laurel Mountain Elementary (LME) cultivates the individual gifts and talents of every child through the implementation of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM). This enrichment program is embedded in all classrooms and practiced every day by every student.
SEM provides teachers with tools and methods that support their ability to:
- discover your child’s preferred learning style,
- focus on each child’s individual strengths,
- emphasize self-esteem, and
- encourage independent critical thinking.
Outdoor Learning in Round Rock ISD is more than just a short walk on a nature trail. Outdoor Learning provides ongoing authentic learning experiences for students that encompasses traditional subjects like science, language arts, math, technology and social studies; and engages broader objectives like responsibility and respect. Through Outdoor Learning, students are provided a unique opportunity to engage subjects in a way not found in the traditional brick-and-mortar classroom.