Summer Office Hours
July 11 – August 5 office hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beginning August 8th, regular office hours resume: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Students who will be new to RRISD for the 2016-2017 school year, including incoming Kindergartners, can register online beginning July 1. After completing online enrollment, please bring the required documents to the Laurel Mountain Elementary office to conclude registration.
Guide for accessing your student’s 2016 STAAR Results
This year, most student STAAR results will not be available until after school is over, so the district is giving you four options to access your student’s Confidential Student Reports (CSR).
ENGLISH instructions on how to obtain your child’s STAAR results
SPANISH instructions on how to obtain your child’s STAAR results
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Thursday, August 18 – Kindergarten Orientation (A postcard will be mailed to you in mid-August notifying you of your child’s teacher and a specific time slot between 9:00-12:00 for meeting the teacher)
- Thursday, August 18 – 5pm: Class Lists Posted for grades 1-5
- Friday, August 19 – 7:45-9:00am: Meet the Teacher for grades 1-5
- Friday, August 19 – 6:00-7:30pm: Kindergarten Picnic at Mountain View Park
- Monday, August 22 – 10am: New Family Tour for new 1st-5th Grade Families
- Tuesday, August 23 – 7:40am: First Day of School
- Thursday, August 25 – 6:30pm: 1st Grade Back-to-School Night
- Friday, August 26 – 7:45am: New Family Orientation
- Tuesday, August 30 – 6:30pm: 3rd & 4th Grades Back-to-School Night
- Thursday, September 1 – 6:30pm: 2nd & 5th Grades Back-to-School Night
2016-17 School Supply Ordering Now Open Online
From now until June 17, 2016 you can order your child’s school supplies for the 2016-15 school year. This is a service offered by the PTA. Only online orders are accepted (no paper orders).
To order, please go to this website: http://www.epipacks.com/
Enter our school code: LAU001
and follow the directions to complete your order.
Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
The supplies will be delivered to Laurel Mountain in August and will be waiting for your child outside of their classroom on meet the teacher day. Questions: email@example.com
Support the PTA When Shopping on AmazonSmile
On December 8th at the General PTA meeting, it was approved that the LME PTA would participate in AmazonSmile, which is Amazon’s charitable organization that will automatically donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to our PTA. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know – same products, same prices, same service. It costs you nothing, and it’s just like shopping on Amazon normally, but you get to do a world of good while shopping. Go to smile.amazon.com and select your charitable organization as “ PTA Texas Congress 7871 Laurel Mountain Elementary” based in Austin, TX then start shopping!
What is SEM?
Laurel Mountain Elementary (LME) cultivates the individual gifts and talents of every child through the implementation of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM). This enrichment program is embedded in all classrooms and practiced every day by every student.
SEM provides teachers with tools and methods that support their ability to:
- discover your child’s preferred learning style,
- focus on each child’s individual strengths,
- emphasize self-esteem, and
- encourage independent critical thinking.
Outdoor Learning in Round Rock ISD is more than just a short walk on a nature trail. Outdoor Learning provides ongoing authentic learning experiences for students that encompasses traditional subjects like science, language arts, math, technology and social studies; and engages broader objectives like responsibility and respect. Through Outdoor Learning, students are provided a unique opportunity to engage subjects in a way not found in the traditional brick-and-mortar classroom.
<< swipe for more articles >>
Hours of Operation
Students: 7:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
Office: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.